Category Archives: Uncategorized
To Our Ancestors,
… we stand before you now, your living legacy, the flesh and blood of our collective dreaming, and we realize with a knowing deeper than the flow of human blood in human veins that we are part of something better, truer, deeper.
We speak your names.
We speak your names.
“We Speak Your Names” Pearl Cleage, pg. 15
- BELLE SHEWMAKER-BROWN | Jewells In Dem Kentucky Hills
- GILLIE & LENA PETERS | Tracing My Peters Ancestry
- LAURA THOMPSON GREEN | Radiant Roots, Boricua Branches
- WILLIAM G. SHINAULT & MATHILDA CHRISTIAN | Shinault Family Genealogy
- WILLIAM T. BANKS SR. | Ancient Echos from the Past
- ANNIE ELIZABETH HUNTER NELLOMS-BARROW | Our Alabama & Georgia Ancestors
- LAURA ANN WARE | RootStories and More
- LOUISE OWENS WILSON | Wilson DNA
- HERBERT JACKSON II, HERBERT JACKSON III & MAUD OLIN HOGAN | My Genealogy Quest
- MAUDIE STERLING EDWARDS | Tracing Amy: My Ancestral Journey
- WALTER JAMES PORTER & BETTY MAE PETERS | The Ancestors Have Spoken
- HATTIE LUCILLE RIDDICK-STITT | A Rich Legacy Revealed
- REV. BEDFORD & ALICE THOMAS LUCK | Tracing Gardner’s Footprints
- SANDRA TALIAFERRO | The Taliaferro Project
- MOSES G. MCKISSICK | Geechee Moe’s Ancestry
- EUNICE SARAH FRANKLIN | Gathering Family
- WELTON FRANK | Ancestors In The Present
- META LEONA POSTELL | Retrograde Bloodlines
- GARFIELD CROSS | Railroads & Cotton
- MARY TELFLY GREEN | Alabama Heritage: Green, Wilson & Related
A personal experience of the apartheid by child at the time.
Here is a repost by a fellow tribesmen
Surge of New African American Genealogy Blogs
Recently there has been a huge surge of New African American Genealogy blogs. We have the new group African-American Genealogy & Slave Ancestry Research to thank for encouraging and guiding their creation as part of their mission to move African American genealogy forward, to break down brick walls and to form a community of researchers encouraging and sharing with each other. Here are links to some of the new blogs, and a few older ones. If you can, visit. You might find something you were looking for.
There are other African American blogs listed above under “Some Blogs I Follow”.
- Echoes of My Nola Past – Robertson, Robinson, Bryan, & Amos Ancestors of Webster Parish, LA
- Claiming Kin – adding one leaf at a time to my Texas family tree
- Conversations With My Ancestors – Documenting the Life and Times of My North Carolina Family
- Georgia Black Crackers – A personal journey back in time through my Georgia ancestors
- In Honor of My Ancestors – We are linked in both life and death. Those who share a common blood relations never break apart
- Low Country Africana – African American Genealogy and History in SC, GA and FL
- My Elusive Kin
- Our Alabama Roots – Honoring Our Ancestors of Barbour, Henry & Houston Counties
- Spence-Lowry Family History – Connecting the dots on my tree with solid lines! Researching my African American genealogy in Pasquotank and Camden counties of North Carolina.
- Taneya’s Genealogy Blog
- The Family Griot
- Tracing Their Footsteps – Our Texas Roots
- All Roads Lead to California – How my ancestors got to the Golden State, and how I’m tracing them around the globe
- Ike Ivery Family
- Terrence Garnett’s Family Research
- Connected by Blood
- They Came From Virginia – Following the trail of our Doyle and Carr ancestors from Virginia to Iowa one step at a time
- Caddo Trees – Caddo Parish Louisiana genealogy
- Mississippi Ancestors
- A Journey To The Past
- Interlocked and Interwoven – A Genealogy Restoration
- Cecelia’s Dig
- Walking in Irene’s Shoes – The Barnes-Smith Family History
- The Middlebrooks of Meriwether County – My Maternal Ancestors of Meriwether County Georgia
- A Home In Missouri – Tracing the history of our Taylor and Fowler ancestors from Arkansas, Missouri and Mississippi
- The Book Of Bannarn – The journey of tracing my ancestors from Texas to Oklahoma to Minnesota
- Mysteries of my Ancestors – Following the Spirit of my Ancestors!!!!
- Notes To Myself
- Back Porch Reminiscing
- Arterberry/King/Pinkney/Ritchardson Genealogy Page
- MOON-JACKSON ARMY
- Pieces of Me – A family tree can wither if nobody tends it’s roots.
- Between the Gate Posts – Respecting sensibilities, I will share my family stories entwine with historical events from Copiah, Jefferson and Lincoln Counties, MS.
- J-Macs Journey -This blog journals moments in time. The research and treasures discovered along the pathway of life’s journey; Our family genealogy.
- Daniels Is My Name
- The TALIAFERRO Project – A community act of kindness to honor and preserve the family research efforts of our cousin, Sandra TALIAFERRO
- Lukasa – A living memory board as we gather as family and honor our Ancestors.
- findingeliza.com-The story of my family – past and present